Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Woooh there!

So...as I just got a new HRM...my first run with it was on Monday. The plan was to do 6 miles of 'easy' running. My plan...keep my HR in the mid to lower 150s...to me that's running, but not super focused running. I warm up for a mile, and I hit the UBER cool split function to see how fast it was, 10:30. Cool HR 150 or so (um, i didn't write all this down and I just realized I deleted the important info...oops). Next mile 9:15, HR mid 150s, next mile 9:14, HR mid 150s, next mile 9:16 HR mid 150s, next mile 9:20 HR mid 150s, last mile 11 minutes with a 140ish avg HR.


It took me until the afternoon to realize just how COOL that improvement in my times were. When I started my focused training for my 1/2 right after tri season, I was running 10 min miles with my HR above 160, and Monday I ran 915 miles, consecutively, with my HR below 160.

Woooh there, that's crazy.

1 comment:

TriZilla said...

Nine hundred Fifteen MILES! All in a row?! What are you, Running (Wo)Man??? Wow, Joe! You've got this girl DIALED IN!

All kidding aside, congrats on the new HRM and the great successes! You're going to be great!