Friday, October 13, 2006

It's race time!

Tomorrow is my 1/2 marathon in Hartford! I'm excited...a little nervous...but mainly excited. This week has been more of a freak out because I worried I was getting sick. Fortunately everyone was right when they all said "You are not sick". I am having random allergies. I'm almost to feeling a 100%, but still a little off.

Last year I ran Hartford in 2:14:45. I have trained for it to be be faster. There is a goal in mind, so we shall see what happens. Race day is a mystery that unpacks itself.

Weather looks cold and sunny. But that is better than the torrential warm downpour that was last year. My dilemma is attire. It's distracting me...which I think is what i need right now. :-)

And hey this guy is going to be doing the marathon: http://www.endurance50.com/

Anyway, off to have fun and race as best as I can.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

TriZilla said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

BRING IT!!!

I'll be sending you happy (fast) thoughts.

Just know: I'm proud of you NOW. You're going to ROCK that course, I just know it!

Joe B said...

ROCK -n- roll

Know this no matter what your time is you have already succeeded. You did more to train you body and learn about yourself in the last month.

I'm very proud.

Bullet said...

Hey, good luck RP. Hope the weather treats you well. Thanks for the advice on the HRM. Will be looking for one on ebay. Have fun tomorrow!