Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just Run

That was the goal today...just run. I did have a distance in mind of two loops of 4.6mi as that was near my house and just go from there. Since my race last week all i've done is yoga...and not even much of that. But I haven't really felt up to much. My 'allergies' i thought I had last week were really a cold, fortunately nothing horrendous and most mornings the gym or a run just didn't happen. Which was fine.

It's great running weather cold and clear. I could have done without all the wind, but I didn't really care...JUST RUN was on the docket.

And I did. The first mile was a nice warm up and then I just RAN...and the next few miles were at a fast clip...slightly under 9mpm. My HR was acting weirdly high but I didn't feel out of breath so I just went with it. But then my body just said...We are slowing down...i'm not sure about you.

So, since it is now not training focused part of the season I just let the run happen. I let my hamstrings tell me a story about how they ran a 1/2 marathon last week and ran as fast as I wanted them to and really weren't very excited that I was running far today. I let them complain because most of the rest of the season their complaints are completely ignored. (unless it is truly important...and most of the time they are just cranky, and nothing to worry about)

The run sorta just got slower and slower...and I was happy to just be running. Goal accomplished.

No comments: