Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lots...

There has been lots going on in my little world this week. First week back after two weeks off and I discovered...my job must really stress me out. I don't know why. In all truth I don't have crazy deadlines right now and the topic of my job in general is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of life...but well...the insomnia has crept back in. This is the type I hate (although there isn't one kind of insomnia I actually *like* though is there?). I can get to sleep fine, but my busy, busy mind wakes me up and no more sleeping from that point on. I picked up some homeopathic remedies, but also gave myself the rest of the week to see how I did. Only one episode. But still...i get the feeling there will be a repeat showing of this particular movie in the future. I'm not impressed.

Unfortunately I worry I have taken on too much in my life already and I am not even knee deep in every aspect of my life yet. I don't know what to dump or pull back on either...no do I want to...i just know it will all exhaust me especially with trying to balance it all with HIM training.

My HIM training started this week and I discovered: I need to plan time better. Everything was (so far) executed alright, but I always felt rushed. I had great plans of trying not to have too many evening workouts so that I can have some evenings free...alas...that works if I actually get to bed early enough (oh and no insomnia). Again a planning issue. I hope to get the hang of it with time.

Then...some stuff has recently turned into a situation where I have come to the realization that not everyone in life will get a gold star and a comment of: plays well with others. I'm particularly not fond of pedantic and patronizing attitudes. sigh...must.not.scream.

Lots of other insanity going on too...life can be just too bizarre at times.

5 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

I hear you on the life stress, my classes start in a week and the only thing keeping me going is the desire to graduate. The homopathy will help also your in San Diegoe the epicenter of Holistic medicine ( or is that Seatle? ) a hot stone massage might help...but in the mean time breathe, analyze the situation, and relax, your jugdement hasn't failed you so far.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Oh yes, the cycle of crazy. I know it well. Good luck getting it all organized...not sleeping, now that's a serious drag.

Brian Gunn said...

When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep because my mind is running, I get up and put on some sitcoms on DVD (generally Seinfeld for me). That lets my brain pay attention to something else instead of all the stress going through my mind. But, since I have it all on DVD, I don't really care if I fall asleep during it. Usually a couple episodes and I can fall back asleep.

Charisa said...

Hang in there - it's hard, balancing life, fun, training, work, chaos!! I have periodic meltdowns where I'm sure I can't fit it all in :) But somehow it always works out. I'm rooting for you - hope that insomnia goes away for good!

Sarah said...

Ah, the balancing act. Yeah, it's really hard. And when life gets complicated, it's even harder.

Sorry about the lame-o people you're having to deal with, too. That particularly sucks. :P

You'll get it! :)