Thursday, August 21, 2008

Has it been a month?

It does appear that it has been almost a month since i have been to crossfit...gasp. Work, travel and life has taken the insane approach and very sadly even though i'm only going to crossfit 1x a week sadly crossfit got dropped. Although that being said, in about 6 weeks time I may be back to 3-4x a week. I've pretty much decided on the OC tri as it looks like Pumpkinman is the weekend after I will be returning from an experimental trial that might be a little exhausting and I won't have enough time to travel to Las Vegas for the tri either due to travelling. So...i have approximately 6 weeks. It will be interesting. The only lingering question in my mind: Should I do the 50 mile bike ride (not a race, just a fun ride) the day before?

For crossfit today was 3x:
21 double unders
21 dumbell squats-jerk 20lbs (rxd was 25)
3 rope climbs

hahahaha...i can't climb the rope to save my life. I did improve (sorta) as the rounds went on, but I just lose the rope under me after I have hoisted myself up and then i'm just hanging by my arms. No good.

I did have to scale down the db squats-jerks but only to 20lb dbs and I felt I did those at a reasonable clip...still hard, and tiring but decent effort. I think the rxd 25 pounds would have put me on the floor, so a decent edge for me. Happy to be back though, even though I can tell the arms are going to be decently sore tomorrow.

2 comments:

katie b said...

just make sure you can still swim :) great job, keep you the fantstic work! you'll be ready for OC in no time :)

Speed Racer said...

You know what I would say, 50 miles isn't so bad. But how badly do you want to win?

I'm so proud of you, prioritizing life above crossfit! It was starting to look a little abusive there for a bit.