Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting my legs under me

I just had a great run for me and now I need to share it:
Mile 1:10:07, 143bpm
Mile 2:8:49, 162bpm
Mile 3:8:54, 163bpm
Mile 4:8:37, 167bpm
Mile 5: cool down

The goal of the run, middle three miles to be in my LT which for me is between 160-170bpm. And the result...THREE MILES SUB 9MPM. OK...not superhuman fast but after months of being injured and months of fighting back and looking at my fitness a year ago and it being in the total trash due to my focus being graduating it just been a long road back. It has been a long while since I felt good about my running and fitness in general and I am starting to feel better about it all and let me just say: it.feels.so.good.

Ohhh update on my general aversion to masters swim: I didn't avoid it yesterday. THREE weeks in a row, YEA. Sadly the coach failed to show up so someone scribbled a workout on the board and my lane mate sorta helped me decide what to do. I still showed up...and that counts in my book.

8 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Fantastic run rocketpants!!! Three weeks in a row to masters swim class? That's great, but here's hoping that the instructor shows up next time!

katie b said...

YAY!!!!! you rock! great run and i am very proud of you for going to master's 3 weeks in a row, that's HUGE! i can't wait to hear about the tri you sign up for and kick butt in :)

triguyjt said...

great job on the run, pants!!!!

80 percent of life is just showing up everyday!!!

Paul said...

Good work!!! It always feels good to get back into it.

mindy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Speed Racer said...

I love it when it feels like that! Yippee!

IronWaddler said...

Awesome run! That's fast to me.

I love master's swim but I have such an awesome coach.

Ryan said...

Sooo happy for u! Ur in the zone, keep on truckin...