Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blame the Olympics

I don't even own a TV that I can watch the Olympics on, but I am glued to it at my friend's house. Little blogging I'm sure will happen over this Olympic time period. Olympics + crazy business with everything = me...not enough sleep, lots of work, and not enough sleep. But can I make one ity bity complaint? Can Micheal Phelps be just a smidge, just a smidge more excited when he get a gold medal? I mean we don't need a display like his excitment over the 4x100 relay(I mean who wasn't screaming over that one?), but to break a world record in the 200 butterfly and while earing the MOST career golds with.that.race. and have this look of disappointment. They speculate he was going for a faster time...but seriously...look sorta excited. Puuuuleez. (edit:so...today I found out that his disgruntled-ness may have been due to water in the goggles...but this is not the first ho-hum "gee I won a race/broke a world record." Come'on show a little excitement, it IS the OLYMPICS. But that is just MY opinion.)

I have to decide pronto on if I am doing an oly in 6 or 10 weeks...i'm leaning towards one in 10...but I may have a work conflict. I should know that verdict soon here.

Training is going remarkably well for having little focus. I have been swimming a lot more lately between masters and joining katie b and co for some open water swimming last week. I am finally getting my legs back under me with my running and starting to see my times drop, which is so nice. My 7 mile run last sunday, majority of the run was in a pace range I like and I am starting to feel like my hip is back to normal and my legs are just beginning to like the whole 'training' thing again where I am going faster for me, and able to start pushing some real boundries. It is starting to come together.

3 comments:

katie b said...

and a lot more swims to come i hope!...i am not going to LA this weekend so the Friday night one miler and the Sunday afternoon 2 miler (followed by a 90 min run if your up for it) are a go...you in?

Speed Racer said...

Did you see the race last night? Where he won by .01 second? He was pretty happy about that one, but my mom and I rewound and watched his MOM's reaction like 4x, and the guy sitting in front of her with this dumbfounded look on his face... it was pretty priceless.

I hear you on the Olympics ruining your life, though. I haven't gotten off the couch since they started. I'm glad your training is going well, though. Becoming a fat blob while watching the best athletes in the world for 4 hours a night does not feel good. Trust me.

Speed Racer said...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0816_HD_SWB_HL_L0673