Saturday, March 10, 2007

Schedule

Well...i thought about it. And even though my life is making me nutty at the moment and at times I fear that a focused training schedule could make me crabbier and crazier, I've thrown a bit of caution to the wind and I'm going to focus on a June Oly in 14 weeks from now. I am thinking it might be possible for me to do Ashland(even with my friend's wedding the day before)...so i've created a schedule to do Ashland Oly...and a 1/2 mary two weeks before.

Oi...

it all could push me off the deep end...or it will keep me going off the deep end. Who knows.

I find creating tri schedule for myself entirely entertaining because in truth...i have NO idea what i'm doing. I've read some books/websites and it is my 4th true season of training so I have the gist of what's going on...but still...i think i feel a little silly at times assuming I *know* what the heck I'm doing. Prior to my first true tri season 4 years ago i had never done a sport where scheduled training was part of the deal...i mean I played Ultimate competitively (somewhat) in college and soccer in high school...but nothing ever in a fashion where I had this schedule of work outs aside from showing up to practice so this whole tri thing has been a source of bumbling and entertainment.

So I took the first part of the 'intermediate' Oly schedule from www.trinewbies.com chopped chunks out of it added more running since i'll be doing a 1/2 mary two weeks before, dropped some swimming...added a brick...made it required that I do do one day of yoga a week, and IF i so choose, i can do a second day although then that means yoga on my rest day...not the end of the world. So my whole 'schedule' looks somewhat different than the beginning of the schedule. But I figure that since my longest bike will be 45miles and i'll be doing PLENTY of running...the swimming will be adequate (nothing stellar that's for sure), it'll get me through the finish line strong.

Happy daylight savings!!

7 comments:

TriZilla said...

Oh for so selfish reasons: I'm SO happy!!! but making yourself go get those workouts done is only going to help you feel more relaxed (that goal will help), and it will help you manage your time better too! can't wait to hear how it's going... And I can't wait to see you in 14 weeks! :)

Bullet said...

That's good stuff. Scheduling for me is tough and I really have nothing else going on. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to hearing about the training.

DV said...

yeah!! nice goal to work toward!

Benson said...

ditto to 'zilla, matt, and trijack. having a schedule sort of forces compliance in a good way. chip away at it and celebrate the accomplishments along the way. have a big piece of cake after the half and slam dunk that olympic. good on ya.

Occasional said...

I've been living by my schedule for the first time ever, and ya know, I love it.

Good luck keeping it all together

JB

Ryan said...

Ignite the flame...go rocketpants!
It all starts with a goal and this tri-plan sounds great! I wish you much success!

Born To Endure said...

I love olympic distance tri's..good luck!!