Saturday, March 03, 2007

consistency

My goal this past week was to be consistent in my training, and I was consistent in not doing any of my training...argh. OK over exaggeration...in the last 7 days I got 4 in...but I totally missed from tuesday to thrusday. My major problem was that by Friday I was SUPER keyed up due to not having exercised the previous 3 days. Note to self: exercise DOES help with the stress levels don't forget that.

I'm at a point where I'm a borderline stress case (understatement)with all the work going on so I can graduate this summer and so I have this INTENSE desire to be at work all the time...and well that is good because I need to be there...and I"m getting lots done, but it can be not good all at the same time. Getting some training in helps immensely with my basket-caseness yet sometimes I forget that. Why is that so easy to forget? Why oh why?

Anyway I did get on the trainer on friday night. And I went for a GREAT 6 mile run today. Last week I was running 10:30 miles or so and this week many of my miles were sub 10. At the moment the focus is supposed to be base building so i'm not supposed to be worrying too much about how fast i'm going, but I still like to know :-)

I'm still trying to figure out what tri's i'm going to do this summer. I had thought I might do an oly mid june...but that is proving difficult to schedule due to a friend's wedding...so...hmmm...i donno. Still working on that.

The goal this week...get off my butt and actually go and get my swim pass...my goodness it's MARCH...and I have no swim pass which means I have not been to the pool since Dec. oops.

happy training

1 comment:

Benson said...

Nothing wrong with a 3 day break but tri not to replace it with stress. even a short workout of any kind (fast walk around the block) counts as "training." Oh yeah, for sure get in the pool. Nothing but the sound of bubbles, a little splish'n and weightlessness washes the stress away..."ahh, chlorine take me away..."