Saturday, September 25, 2010

And the final numbers...

Max lifts on lifts I cared about:
220lbs Deadlift
145lbs Front Squat
and what impressed me the most this week...
175lbs (rock bottom...ATG)Back Squat...a 36 pound improvement over Sept 08! And to think that I was down 2 pounds of lean body mass over April 2009 when I started this lifting plan due to being sick this spring.

Gym is still closing next week, but I have about 4 different possible plans that might come to fruition, I'll know more by next Friday.

One thing I have learned about triathlon is that I like training plans and I like training goals. But right now...I don't really like triathlon. So...i'm swimming in a sea of 'what's next'? The thing that has been hard is that finding a road race or a triathlon or something that is semi related to swim-bike-run is EASY. Finding something that looks interesting to me that doesn't include 'endurance' training or is related to swimming biking or running is hard to find...I'm trying to sort through that right now.

I'm kind of going through a "What is out there?" moment. Could I pick up a new sport? If I ever find the time in the next few weeks I'm going to try out Netball. Funny sport similar to ultimate frisbee with a ball...but funnily enough is British in origin, yet I never played it in the UK or NZ when I lived there. Of course that would so be ME to pick that game up now that I don't live there...it was like the fact I picked up the american sport of Ultimate frisbee when I lived in the UK. I never do things the 'normal' way...do i?

But over the past few days a few thoughts have come to mind and I've started researching a 'what's next'...and it is not related to swim-bike-run in any form. I'm kind of excited about it...but it will be awhile til I declare it. ;-)

til then...it's finally summer here. Just in time for fall.


4 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Congrats on the strong lifting! It's warm up here too. I used to play ultimate! Your potential new sport sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

Chris said...

We miss you on the SBR circuit Rocket Pants! But we'll still be here when you come to your senses! You're throwing up some huge numbers on the barbells - I'm pretty sure I will not be taunting you into a arm wrestling match. Catch you around!

rocketpants said...

"When i come to my senses"...lol. Tear...sniff...you miss me? ;-)

Arm wrestling? Those were squat and deadlift numbers...that's all glute/ham/back...posterior chain. If I ever work on getting my endurance back, maybe i'll be able to keep up with you!

Charisa said...

Have fun finding the new sport! :)