Thursday, February 04, 2010

Guess i can't floss

Max said I should try to make blogging a habit...like flossing...well think the title of the post is inaccurate. I actually love to floss my teeth and i do it daily. But this regular blogging...nope. Lots is going on and i did write a post 2 weeks ago that is sitting in a word document on my work computer. But lots going on that is good and lots that is a juggle. I just moved to a new place and i'm digging it aside from the elephants that live upstairs. Training is going ok for the most part. I think the only thing I have to say in this post before I race off to work is my exciting run this morning.

I am currently training with a local coach and we have group workouts 2x a week. The way to really start to understand what it means to be FAST as in qualifyforkona FAST or winyouragegroup FAST is to train with people who do just that. I basically run in a different time zone than these people, but that's ok...i'm seeing improvements in MY training and that is SO COOL. But the wonderful thing about the group i train with is even though they come home with all kinds of bling from races they are super encouraging and really nice to train with.

We have a 500m loop that we run around and we were doing 2k efforts (4 loops) at what was to 'feel' like 10K pace. My pace: sub 50minute 10K! What's my 10K PR? 52:something that I did back in november...having *just* recovered from the swine flu. This morning I was on a 49:40 pace and absolutely felt like I could hold that for 6 miles. sweet!

So...the speed is coming. I actually threw down 6ish miles this weekend that i went for that aerobic feel (on top of actually feeling kinda blech about the run) and used my HRM to see what that 'felt' like and to see what my pace was. What was cool was that feeling of 'yea i could run this for a long, long, long time' was 9:45 @ 145bpm...no...not fast by anyone's imagination but it is encouraging for these loooooooong races ahead that loom in front of me.

This spring's racing schedule has pretty much been finalized too:
San Dieguito half marathon in two weeks: uh...yea this might be ugly.
Desert Tri March 7th (if you didn't sign up...it's already sold out! Crazy considering i signed up three days before the race last year...but there is some trash talking going on around this race. )
Super Seal (Oly) April.....11?
Wildflower Long Course May 1st. AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK almost a little more nervous about this than IMCDA...that's kinda screwed up in my opinion.
And IMCDA on June 27

2 comments:

Pton98 said...

I vote for the Superseal. At least 1 person who has never actually finished an olympic distance race will be competing, and that person might be a little nervous before the start. How that cuts in deciding whether to race, I don't know.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your talk of training with fast folks and getting faster yourself makes me so happy! And encouraged. Love that you had time to post today...we miss you!!