Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you have the swine flu!

yes...it is my birthday today. Kinda a cool year too...11/10/09. I like it. But what I DON'T like is that I came down with the ohhhhhhhhh so lovely flu yesterday evening. Fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, skin creepy crawly, lethargic. This morning i thought i was superwoman in that my fever had broken and I thought: yea...take that stupid flu...until an hour later i was over 100 again and got worse as the day wore on. I've had some amazing wacky dreams. (Fevers do that to me) and came up with the BEST idea ever. (keep in mind....i AM little delirious at the moment) but I think that creating 'Fever' Pajamas would be the best thing EVER. Maybe call them HOT pajamas? (where is that little circle for copy right? ;-))

My thought is to take what would be winter running/biking material. It is supposed to wick the sweat away but keep you warm too. When i have a fever at night i get all sweaty but chilled (i have never understood the chilling part to a fever...why am i so dang cold?) but waking up to damp cotton pj's is not nice. So what about something that could wick the sweat away? So that's my invention for the day. Pretty prodcutive day considering i've been sleeping all day.

Yes part of me really wants to throw a little bit of a pity party today, but the reality is that aside from feeling yucky i have no complaints on my birthday. I am very blessed. I got to talk to my sister and her crazy little kids. My parents. I've received texts wishing me well...and emails of happy birthday: get better. Sure i would rather be going out for sushi with some friends as orginally planned but when I know I can (and did) call them and say: can you bring me some nyquil and cough drops that they were over in a flash. Knowing I have true friends is really the best present there is. Maybe it did take me getting the swine flu to truly appreciate that.

7 comments:

Nitsirk said...

Sucks that you are sick on your B-day. Hope you feel better soon. About the PJs though, they already exist. They are marketed to menopausal women for night sweats but I am sure it would work for the flu too :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Unfair! Sorry to hear you've got the evil flu. Hurray for friends! Be well soon. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Charisa said...

Good thing is after this you'll be immune to swine flu!!

Bummer it came on your birthday, but you have a great attitude. Friends are the best!

Happy Birthday!!

Runner Leana said...

So sorry you got sick...and on your birthday too! Sounds like a fabulous idea on the pj's though. Get better soon!

Anniversary Moments said...

I had no idea it was your birthday! We will celebrate when you are feeling better!!

Bob Almighty said...

Happy birthday... I think those sweat wicking PJs will be a hot seller put me down for two sets...

All that aside hope you feel better :)

Speed Racer said...

You WOULD get swine flu on your birthday!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!