Wednesday, September 09, 2009

ebb and flow

ebb
1. to flow back or away, as the water of tide (opposed to flow)
2. to decline or decay; fade away

flow:
1. to rise and advance, as the tide (opposed to ebb).
2. to abound in something: The tavern flowed with wine.

Life is give and take and ebb and flow. What has become abundantly clear to me in the past few weeks is that life can be both....at one time...all at once and not at all. It can ebb and flow in different directions and take me with it in all areas and at the same time leave me somewhat torn on how to even think about it. And it seems that this process leaves me holding my hands open, trying to catch water flowing through my fingers....which is something I cannot....and I must just let it flow and almost helplessly watch the water slip through.

Part of the process is breathing in...and breathing out...and learning to exhale. Breathe in the scents of new mornings with warm sunshine and breathe out all that is weighty and stale. And then accept the grace that is needed to begin again.

and so begin...again...

4 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Ah, so you're *there* too...good idea to remember to breath. I'll practice that.

Charisa said...

BREATHE :)

Speed Racer said...

It'll be over before you know it... Focus on the little things... like breathing!

You are wise.

Anniversary Moments said...

just stumbled upon your blog - which i am enjoying, and this post really speaks to me today - excellent!