Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Metric

Metric...that is the answer to the mystery numbers on the bike...my 'power' meter has decided not to stay in imperial units and when ever you give it a chance (read: look the other way after you have programmed it with mph) it will blink at you show weird number reading and then go to km/h. Fun. I'd been dreaming of moving back to metric loving countries recently, maybe I'm getting prepped for it. ;-)

Road my trainer for 45mins as it was a nasty-windy-myuniversityisactuallyclosed-snowy-sort of day. I did get out of my PJs and did a lot of work on one of my graduation milestones, so today was a SUPER productive day. Loved it.

Things are looking up on many fronts. Many details to still figure out in the scheme of it all with work-life-job stuff-graduating....bla, bla, bla. But maybe one day I will find some balance.

2 comments:

Benson said...

I also get confounded by programming new gadgets like that. There was a woman in one of my spin classes that challenged me to a race. She beat me by 2 miles in a 45 min time trial...until we realized her spin cycle was set to kilometers!

Occasional said...

It's a conspiracy, man. The rest of the world is subtly trying to make us change over.

I'll bet your gadget was made in some pinko-commi metrically measuring sorry old excuse of a country.

On a serious note, what does your race calendar look like this year?

I asked Joe B, but he seems to busy to answer and I need some races.

I'm only registered for the Mooseman int'l distance right now, so I need at least a July race and an August race (probably int'l, but maybe 1/2 IM)

Hope all is well and keep up the hard work.

John (occasional athlete)